5 DIY Face Masks
Hi Everyone, Liz here (+1 662 830 8246, email@example.com)
Please read my latest Blog:
5 DIY Face Masks
Nothing screams self care like a face mask to cleanse, tighten and tone your skin. A good face mask is a girl's best friend, a way to unwind after a long day and a perfect way to start an at home spa evening.
Our team over at Naked Actives took some time to create and try out some DIY face masks.
Many of these items you will already have at home in your pantry. May we also recommend once you remove your mask with a warm washcloth that you follow up with your favorite night time moisturizer or our Naked Actives Squalane Oil?
Here’s our top 5 face masks that we love!
Turmeric / Honey Glow Mask
Turmeric is known for it’s anti-inflammatory properties while honey can help to brighten dull skin.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of turmeric and mix until you have a smooth orange blend
- Apply to clean dry face for 10-15 minutes
- Remove with a warm washcloth
Tea Tree Oil / Aloe Acne Fighter
If you struggle with acne, tea tree oil may be something you want to add to your skincare routine thanks to its natural antibacterial properties. The aloe will help soothe inflamed skin.
- Mix 1 egg white, 2 drops tea tree oil & 2 tablespoons aloe vera gel
- Apply to your face with fingertips
- Leave on skin for 10-15 minutes
Hydration for Combination Skin
Hydration is key for keeping your skin looking youthful. The egg whites in this recipe will help to supply your skin with amino acids & will help close your pores while the avocado adds healthy fats and vitamins.
- Mix 1 large egg white and 1 avocado
- Blend for consistency
- Apply to skin and let sit for 15 minutes
We love this one because it smells and tastes delicious plus it doubles as a body scrub.
This scrub will moisture as it exfoliates your skin.
- Take 1 cup of brown sugar, 3-5 tablespoons of almond oil or extra virgin olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Make sure the consistency is sandy otherwise the sugar will melt away
- Apply to your face for 15 minutes, rinse with a warm washcloth and pat day.
As we move into summer, many of us notice that our skin can become more oily. Oily skin can clog pores and trigger acne and inflammation. We love the fresh scent of the lemon oil which helps to unclog pores and the bananas help to absorb the oil
- Mash 1 banana into bowl, add 8-10 drop of lemon oil and 1 tsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Apply to face and let sit on skin for 15 minutes
The best part about DIY face masks, they are fun, easy to make and cost effective. Test out your own and send us your favorite DIY face mask recipe and pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org and you may be featured in one of our new blogs.
Because taking care of your skin is more important than covering it up