Best Eye Cream For “Droopy” Eyelids
Best Eye Cream for “Droopy” Eyelids
Aging and subsequent wrinkles are a fact of life – They are inevitable, but this does not mean there is nothing we can do. The best plan of action is to tackle the most problematic area – the eyes. The eye and surrounding area are usually the first places to show signs of aging through crow’s feet, wrinkles, puffiness, bags, and the dreaded droopy eyelids. This is a result of the thin skin found around your eyes, suggesting it is more susceptible to breaking down, prone to laxity, developing fine lines and wrinkles, and becoming looser.
As we age, our body produces less collagen; the protein involved with skin elasticity and strength. Time causes this collagen to degrade, leading to the wrinkles we all associate with aging. All this sounds frightening but what can be done? Injections or restorative surgery could help make your eyes look more youthful, but these options are expensive and often come with recovery time and side effects. Fortunately, there are many different eye serums and creams on the market that can improve the appearance of droopy eyelids.
What to Look for
The best eye creams and serums use the best ingredients, which makes all the difference. If you have ever looked at the ingredients list on various skincare products you know how confusing this can be. Pronouncing these ingredients is hard enough but knowing what to look for is a whole other thing. We made it easy by compiling a list of must-have ingredients to look for in eye creams.
- Antioxidants: Antioxidants protect your skin from cell damage and helps to brighten your skin, specifically to the skin around your eyes. The product must include some power ingredients like vitamin C, vitamin E, and ferulic acid.
- Hyaluronic acid or ceramides: This is one of the best formulae to provide hydration to the skin, with this ingredient the skin turns plump and lively.
- Retinol: To reduce and prevent fine lines and wrinkles, retinol, stimulates collagen.
- Peptides: For drooping, under-eye bags, look for peptides. Peptides are amino acids that are the building blocks of certain proteins needed by the skin, like collagen and elastin. Using a cream that contains peptides can lead to firmer, younger-looking skin.
- Niacinamide or kojic acid: These two ingredients help you to get rid of bags, and blemishes, or dark circles, these formulas brighten up the skin and provides an immense glow.
Best Eye Cream for “Droopy” Eyelids:
Naked Actives Eye Cream
This is one of the most wonderful and extraordinary formulae with the added benefit of EGF and retinol. It helps to prevent the thinning of the skin by keeping it completely nourished. This cream includes several powerful ingredients that eventually help to reduce the pigmentation, as well as the presence of antioxidants to help fight Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS*) and other free radicals.
- Hydrate and Renew – A full spectrum of lipids provide the essential fatty acids required by the cell membranes and for the skin to make an effective barrier against water loss and penetration of noxious substances.
- Smooth and Non-Greasy – It is an anti-aging serum formula that works well around the eye area with delicate skin and provides deep hydration along with making the skin smooth and non-greasy.
Made in the USA –Their products are tested on humans and not animals.
100% PURE Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream
Caffeine works effectively when it comes to treating dark circles, under-eye bags, and helps to brightenvdull, sleepy, and fatigued skin. 100% PURE Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream is made with three different types of caffeine derived from green coffee beans. This ream for anti-aging issues does contain some of the amazing extracts like rosehip oil, vitamin C, green tea, and aloe vera which helps to boost the collagen production that enhances the elasticity and firmness of the skin on the eyelids. This ultimate formula helps to fight against fine lines, wrinkles, crow’s feet, puffy eyes, and saggy skin with the help of its other amazing ingredients like green tea. To make it look refreshed and dewy, the presence of aloe vera hydrates and nourishes the skin.
Garnier SkinActive Ultra-Lift Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream
Garnier Skin Active Ultra-Lift Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream is one of the best anti-aging creams. It is a blend of pro-retinol, caffeine, rice peptides, and an antioxidant complex made with vitamin A. This wonderful anti-aging eye cream helps to eliminate the fine lines, wrinkles and ensures tightening of the skin on the eyelids. To make the eyes look less droopy its hydrating agents help to improve skin elasticity and firmness.
This amazing lifting upper eye gel also works as an under-eye anti-wrinkle eye cream. The lifting eye gel is formulated with Pro-Tensium E that tightens the sagging skin on the upper eyelids caused by age and gravity.
At the end of the day, wrinkles and droopy eyes are natural signs of aging. Through the use of a premium eye cream (like the ones mentioned above), you can mitigate and slow the signs of aging around the eyes. Even though we talked much about how these signs come with age, it is recommended to start using eye care products as early as possible. This will dramatically reduce wrinkles and droopy eyelids leaving you healthier-looking skin long into your golden years!