Top Anti-Pollution Skin Care Protection Tips and Ingredients
Hi Everyone, Liz here (+1 662 830 8246, firstname.lastname@example.org)
How does dirty air and environmental pollution affect our skin?
Fine dust particles penetrate directly into our pores and accelerate the natural aging processes of our skin. Day after day, year after year, pollution is increasingly affecting the appearance of our skin. SPF sun protection has long been stressed as a crucial step in our daily skincare routine, but we’re only just beginning to understand the benefits of anti-pollution skin care products that contain antioxidants and barrier ingredients as part of our daily skin care routine.
Pollution has been recognized as the number one cause of skin damage and aging. Particulate matter primarily arising from the toxic air from exhaust fumes, cigarette smoke and heavy metals and wreak havoc on our complexions as they penetrate the surface of both our lungs and skin. These external aggressors weaken the skin’s natural barrier defense and they exert a damaging effect partly because of their intrinsic nature, but also because they act as ‘carriers’ for other toxins such as bacteria, carcinogens, acids, organic particles and metals. All of this makes our skin more prone to the occurrence of wrinkles, dehydration, dullness, unevenness, premature aging, pigmentation, eczema and sensitivity.
As pollution problem gets worse, we should all be looking for more thorough skin-replenishing products to counteract the visible effects of pollution in its damaging effects.
Some most important rules to follow for protecting your skin from pollution:
Keeping it beautiful, youthful and healthy:
- Daily facial cleansing - It is extremely important to clean your face at least twice a day with appropriate products. Naked Actives Hydrating Face Cleanser will give your skin a deeper clean and improve the penetration of any products that are later applied to the skin. The hydrating cleanser should also be used every night before bed to remove the dirt and environmental toxins that have accumulated during the day from the skin’s delicate surface.
- Healthy and nutritious food - We should not underestimate the power of healthy foods and a balanced diet on our skin. We should consume products rich in vitamins and those that contain antioxidants.
- Active lifestyle- Living an active lifestyle, not smoking, and getting enough sleep can always help pollution and other skin and health concerns.
- Applying Antioxidant and Barrier Skin protection- It is mandatory to apply a protective layer on our skin, especially on the face, before going out into the polluted environment of urban life. Day cream and sunscreen are key! Skin care products with antioxidant ingredients - specifically Vitamin C,A and E provide great skin protection. You can explore the full line of Naked Actives antioxidant and barrier protection products and all the benefits they offer further on our web site.
The most important skincare protection ingredients that will help combat pollution related skin damage are Antioxidants and Skin Barrier supporting ingredients.
The Antioxidants and Barrier protection and repair ingredients that are present in our products are essential to protect your skin from the urban environment and the pollution damage that it causes in everyday life.
Antioxidants have many benefits for the skin and body as they increase microcirculation, which helps stimulate the skin's self-cleansing, self-healing and self-regenerating ability. They can also reverse some of pollution's side effects by brightening skin and stimulating collagen production to keep our skin looking and feeling firmer. Antioxidants like Superoxide Dismutase (SOD), Vitamin B, C and E along with skin barrier building ingredients like collagen, jojoba, and sea kelp help combat pollution-related damage. Sea kelp, available in some EGF Serums, is incredibly beneficial for moving toxins through the body, stimulating circulation and helping it to become more resistive to the effects of pollution on our skin. It can also soothe the skin and maintain hydration. Superoxide Dismutase (SOD) is one of your body's own methods of fighting free radical attack. Like so many elements of our own biological processes, these abilities break down as we age, but topical application strengthens and reignites them.
Your skin also needs ingredients that will help strengthen its natural barrier. The skin’s natural barrier is essentially a wall of dead skin cells held together by lipids. It functions as a security guard, protecting what’s inside and preventing damage like UV radiation, pollution, bacteria, dirt, and toxins from passing through. The barrier also maintains proper hydration, balances lipid levels, and maintains your natural moisturizing factor. The problem arises when pollution, harsh skincare products, over-cleansing, weather, and hot showers compromise our skin’s natural barrier for most people. That’s why you need to incorporate skincare ingredients that will help maintain the barrier such as Hyaluronic acid. It is a protein found naturally in our skin that is capable of binding 1,000 times its own weight in water. Our Hyaluronic serum packs a ton of skin-boosting benefits, including mega moisture. Try Naked Actives Hyaluronic serum as your best anti-aging serum for effective skin protection results.
The abovementioned key ingredients found in our products directly help block pollution by stabilizing the free radicals and stopping the cell damage that pollution causes to our skin thus helping us to:
- Correct signs of aging: Pollution and the free radicals it produces break down collagen and get in the way of the skin’s natural repair process. That triggers inflammation, fine lines, and loose skin in our body. By scavenging free radicals, antioxidants prevent this damage and allow your skin to heal and recuperate. Naked Actives Anti-Aging Eye Cream is a powerhouse of active antioxidant ingredients and is for anyone who want to improve the appearance of their skin around their eyes. This cream will help decrease the appearance of wrinkles, puffiness, and dark circles around the eyes.
- Guard against sunburn: As anti-inflammatories, antioxidants lower your body's reaction to sunburn, prevent sunburn and provide additional sun protection to the skin.
- Brighten skin: Vitamin C - which you can find in our Naked Actives Vitamin C Serum with Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate For Damage Repair is an amazing skin brightener. It boosts collagen production and cell turnover, which fights fine lines and brightens skin affected by hyperpigmentation.
- Help to prevent skin cancer: Studies have shown that some antioxidants, including vitamins A,B, C, and E, may help prevent skin disease. Naked Actives Vitamin B3 Serum with Niacinamide & Glucosamine is a great addition to a daily routine to protect the skin from environmental damage.
- Soothe and moisturize: The polyphenols in jojoba oil and Sea kelp that are present in our products are powerful antioxidants and protection barriers. They scavenge free radicals, decrease inflammation, and accelerate wound healing. That's why you'll find them in our Naked Actives EGF Skin Renewal Serum, which contains a dermatologist formulated antioxidant combination of EGF and Hyaluronic acid with Vitamin C, Sea Kelp, Green Tea and other powerful antioxidants that set the stage for optimal collagen synthesis which results rejuvenated, energized, supple, and beautiful skin.
Naked Actives has created a line of skincare products with leading dermatologists in the USA that will shield your skin from the environmental pollution with just the right amount of specially formulated ingredients that are included in our best in class value cleanser, moisturizers, and serums to restore and protect your skin from the ever rising stresses of modern urban life.
Stay Healthy Everyone!